Monday, January 7, 2013

New Cedar St. Swing

Email from Mark this weekend:
Look what I did today. I performed the resurrection of the rope swing. Can't wait till you guys can come try it out. 
.....the new seat to the rope swing. Us kids have had our time making memories on this awesome swing, so we're giving this new swing to the grandkids of the Sorenson family. Each grandchild will get their name burned into the wood of the seat, making them each a co-owner of the big backyard rope swing we all loved so much.

This year we will be able to add a new name to the seat and watch through the years as it fills up. :)

Love you all,

Mark

Memories indeed
This swing is located in Ryan's parent's backyard.  And from stories I've heard and things I've witnessed with my own eyes it has been the source of great fun!  ....If fun includes Ryan and Spencer going off the two-story roof on the swing and the chain breaking while they're in mid-air, watching them come flying down sideways barley missing the metal trampoline frame and then rolling under it, Spencer gasping for air after having had the wind knocked out of him..... aww memories :) 
Sophie and Porter are now chomping at the bit to get their turn at the fun! 


Grandpa and Mark securing the new swing

The big beautiful Walnut tree... which provides our family with many delicious black/english walnuts during the year.

Awesome new swing... I love my Sorenson Family!!


0 comments: