post from mid-November 2012
photo taken at the Beach House in Sept 2011
A few nights ago Ryan and I were tucking the kids into bed. It had been a long day...Some of the long day included: taking the boys to my dentist appointment (don't really know what I was thinking, thank goodness for an extremely patient hygenist), some afternoon drama with someone in our home who has the intials- SAS, and an after dinner surprise (it was just way too quiet, I should have known) from Jack who had taken it upon himself to do some laundry (he claimed) and had unloaded his pajama drawer into the toilet.
Anyway I was tired and worn out and so after the usual bedtime routine: Tidy up bedrooms, jammies, test Porter-quick snack, teeth, family prayer, tuck in, songs, Jack one more drink of water, prayer with Sophie, Jack potty, one more song......... I was done mothering for the day.
I kissed everyone goodnight one last time, shushing little pleas for one more drink... but before i closed the door, in the dark of the boy's room I heard Porter's little voice say, "Mommy, if I hurry and grow up can I marry you?"
Oh... my heart!! I just burst into tears, returned to the side of his bunk bed and kissed that little boy's face.
The small and sweet moments of motherhood. They make you forget the the drama and tantrums, the complaining and whining...
even the pajamas in the toilet :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment