Friday, October 5, 2012

Rewind- first day of school

Sophie started 2nd grade on August 28th, Kindergarten started a week later on September 6th... the day after Porter's 6th birthday.
"Love rocks" I made for them to carry in their pockets or backpacks to remind them how precious they are to their mom and dad... and to their Heavenly Father.  The rocks came from our trip to the ocean this summer at SC.
 My golden-skinned summer babies/ Sophie's first day
Porter's first day of K

It's been a month now and everyone's doing well.  A few kinks to work out here and there, but we have been blessed to have the most amazing teachers!  Teachers that my children and I needed in our lives this year.  Thank you Mrs. Lowry and Ms. Schmidt.  The days are so different for us this new school year.  Our mornings are more hectic, but wonderful.  We have a great routine that involves me waking the children each morning (Sophie more than once), picking out clothes, doing hair, family scripture study led by Ryan while breakfast is devoured (we're big breakfast eaters) and I make lunches, then family prayer and we're all off!  I take my darlings to school and we chat all the way there... and then it's just me and Jack.  Jack is in heaven to have his mommy all to himself for the first time ever!  We snuggle, read, exercise, run errands (errands with one child is heaven btw) do chores together, and either pick up our Kindergarten carpool or wait to greet Porter at the door before noon.  Sophie is home later and so I have times in the day where I can focus on each child individually.  Ask them questions, feed them snacks, and love on them for a bit before the busy evenings hit.


In other news Porter had his regular appt. with his endocrinologist on Thursday.  He scored an 6.8 again on his A1C test which means were rockin' his T1!  Here was the doctor's note:

It says: Fantastic Diabetes Care!  Wow!
(Makes a mama happy)

0 comments: