Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not ready

I was on the couch today snuggling with P, and thinking about his birthday party this weekend. I was thinking about him turning four. How can he be turning four already? Then I thought about Sophie starting Kindergarten... the day after tomorrow! I'm not ready for this...

all this growing up!!!!

Can't this season last a little longer....

Then I think about Sophie this summer, and watching her take off without training wheels... watching her face light up with excitement and confidence!

And me... after letting go of the back of her seat, running behind, clapping and cheering her on...

What a privilege it is to be a parent... a mother.



Plus... ( i tell myself) there is still time left to enjoy in this season. This season is not quite over...Porter still has chubby baby feet :)


1 comments:

Jen said...

Every day I ask myself if I am ready to change seasons in life and stop having kids and enjoy watching them grow up. It is really hard and I change my mind daily.