August 11, 2010
We returned home from California late last night. We rolled into the driveway about midnight… sick of the car, sick of all our snacks, and sick of each other. Just kidding… well sort of :) The 12 ½ hour plus (plus when you have little ones and potty breaks are about every 50 miles) drive can be torture but, totally worth it for the destination… Santa Cruz! I love visiting there. I love the ocean and beach. I love shell hunting and tide pools. I love the sand: the warm sand to lay in and the wet sand to squish my toes into. I love the sea air, the gull calls, and the fog. I love bike rides along the coast and visiting all my favorite spots… and I love just sitting, and watching the waves pound onto the shore over and over… constant and never ending. It is peaceful and comforting. I remember when Dad passed away and sitting and watching the ocean and feeling my Heavenly Father’s love for me… and Dad, and all His children.
Today was spent unpacking, doing laundry, going through mail, etc. Even with the daily grind of chores there are moments in every day that are precious to me.
Today’s moments: one; playing with Jack on the carpet. Letting him grab my cheeks and ears and give me huge, wet kisses all over my face. Two; feeling Ryan’s strong arms around me and seeing his warm smile as I was pretending to have my feelings hurt that he was leaving to play church-ball rather than pay bills online with me :) three; singing bedtime songs to Sophie and Porter, with them interrupting every verse or two to ask a question, or touch my face or hold my hand.
Tonight I’m feeling a deep gratitude for the life that has been given to me. I think about the family I come from, the experiences and opportunities I’ve had, being blessed with a knowledge and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, my husband, my children, this beautiful earth with its marvelous beauty… and on and on. I am blessed. So blessed.
Even with all this, all these blessings, I know Heavenly Father has more in store.


2 comments:
:)
This is so refreshing! I love how easily you share your gratitude in words, and how well you capture them in pictures. I'm inspired to take time to enjoy the little things, and little people in my life. Thank you for sharing a journal entry; it was just what I needed.
Post a Comment