Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sick

Last night, about 10:30- I was on the computer catching up on some emails and waiting for Ryan to get home from class when Sophie emerged from her room. She had been sick. The right side of her body was covered. It was in her hair and ear, and upon entering the bedroom I found it all over her bed and running down the side onto the carpet and the stuffed animals on the floor. It was also on the wall (I have no idea how that happened). Anyway, I quickly took her into the bathroom and got her into the tub. We scrubbed and washed her hair twice. While she was soaking in the tub I started cleaning up the mess in the bedroom, trying not to wake Porter or Jack. After the tub, we were putting fresh jammies on her and she said to me, "Thank you for helping me Mommy." (my heart melted)

Sophie and I have a bond. It is strong and will shine through all the storms of our life. We are both independent, emotional, have a fiery temper at times (definitely not something I'm proud of), sincere and thoughtful. The boys in our family sometimes think we're crazy, but love us dearly. We have our moments, good and bad, but she teaches me every day what being a mother is all about. I love her deeply.

Sophie and Mommy on a healthier day :)

0 comments: