Well we're home. But home doesn't really feel like home considering our downstairs has been totally staged and we have to keep everything perfectly in order. We had 12 showings while we were gone! But, no offers :(
California was great. I loved seeing family. Sophie turned five while out! I enjoyed the mild cali January, the oranges off my parent's backyard tree, and celebrating with my sister. The whole reason for the trip was to attend her wedding shower-pictures coming soon :)
Now it's back to the grindstone. Actually, poor Ry never left the grindstone- he didn't get much of a break. He drove us out last Saturday (because there is no way I can do a 10 hr. drive with 3 young children by myself), flew back to Utah Sunday evening so he could get back to work and school all week, and then flew back out to Cali Friday night just to drive us all home again early Monday morning. Thanks honey!
Tonight Ryan has class so I was doing the bedtime routine by myself. I know I was the one cheering him on to grad school, but gosh... I'm so tired of it already and he only started in August! I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and decided to count fast Sundays until graduation (because Ryan's mom told me that is what she did while waiting for Ry's dad on his mission- 17 fast Sundays sounds better than over a year and a half until graduation doesn't it!?). Well anyhow, I was doing the bedtime routine (at 6:45 mind you... I was worn out) and Porter was so wound up- running down the hall, jumping on the bed, accidently(?) bonking his brother Jack on the head. After jammies and toothbrushing, and books and songs I had them nestled in their beds for the night... or so I thought. Porter kept popping out every two seconds asking for a drink, a back scratch, another drink, a drink for Chickie duck-duck. After getting Chickie a pretend drink my patience was wearing thin. I warned Porter that if he got out of bed again he would be in big trouble.
Then he said, "Mommy, I miss Daddy."
I sat down on his bed and we talked about Daddy. Then he wanted me to sing him a song about "Porter and Daddy." After that he closed his eyes and went to sleep.
Hmmm... just 17 more fast Sundays.
Chickie duck-duck

Ryan at home (since grad school):


1 comments:
That is so exciting! You have a cute house it will sell fast.
Post a Comment