Lately I've been working on beefing up our emergency prep. We have a lot of items, but they're scattered all over the house and garage and would be of no use to us in an actual emergency because we would spending more time searching for the items rather than actually using them! I've been collecting everything and putting together a family emergency kit, along with food and water storage, changes of clothes, and little activities for the kids. Hopefully we will never be in a situation where we will depend on these things to sustain us, but there truly is such peace in being prepared.
5 comments:
Hi! I have been meaning to get our my 72 hour kits and re-do the food. What did you put in yours? I can see fruit leather and fruit cups....what else.
Hey Jill-
So for breakfast combinations I did:
2 Oatmeal packets
Cocoa
Fruit leather or peanut butter sandwich crackers
Lunch
Can of soup or Ramen noodles
Fruit cup
crackers
gum
Dinner
Can of chili or soup
Can of vegetables
Pudding cup
I tried to keep it simple by having items that required little water or could just be heated up on their own. I also included spoons for everyone and a big mug (I think their called Sierra cups) that can double as a drinking mug or bowl for each person.
Great ideas! I am going to get out my 72 hour kits this weekend and re do them. When I do I will let you know what I put in them. I know I have some of those on the go crystal light mix things that you just dump in a water bottle but that is all I can think of.
By the way, I didn't even think about this until now, did you hear about Krysti Forsyth? She and her husband Bryan were on the cruise...they went to the falls in Jamaica with us and also to Talum. She is the one that hurt her shoulder on the surfing thing on the back of the ship. She passed away last week during girls camp. She was only 42...they still aren't sure what happened...they are waiting for autopsy results. We went to her funeral on Wednesday...so sad. Anyway, I thought you would want to know...I didn't know if word had gotten to Ryan through work or not.
Oh so jealous. You have inspired me.. . . again. . . to just get it done. I need to stop my "tomorrow" syndrome and do it today. Thanks for giving a visual! i am doing it this weekend.
Wow - good for you! I have most components of mine done, but that is a great idea for some meals! - you go girl!
Post a Comment