Monday, October 13, 2008

Conference Weekend

We love Conference Weekend!  A chance to hang out at home, be together, and most importantly listen to great talks from great leaders.

This year we made a little podium.  Then attached our church leader's pictures to straws.  As we watched on television each speaker come to the podium in the Conference Center, Sophie and Po would quickly find the speaker's picture and put in through our little paper podium.  I was amazed at how quickly it helped them recognize names and faces.
Just rolled out of bed.
Wrestling with Daddy on Saturday.

Mark and Angie came up Saturday afternoon.  Ryan and Mark attended the Priesthood Session downtown in the Conference Center, so Angie and I hung out and watched the kids...

take a stroll with a good friend in the rain.



Goofing around between sessions on Sunday


Ry and the kids making pizzas.

Delicious Smoothies.  I even sneak spinach in and the kids love em'.

Food is a big part of our Conference Weekend.  We try to make sure to have tasty meals planned and lots of yummy snacks.  I think this year's kid pick were the oversized Cinnamon Rolls Sunday morning.  This was our Sunday Dinner:
Pork Roast with Root Vegetables... Yum 
Don joined us for dinner too

4 comments:

Kara said...

Alright, those rain pictures of Grant and Sophie under the umbrella are cute...you look ravishing in your fruity hat!...and that dinner looks amazing!

Bonnie Wayne said...

You go girl! That looks delicious. I love your idea with the straws and the pics - very nice!!

Bonnie Wayne said...

By the way - I am LOVING the music you have on your blog. I decided to leave the browser on your blog the entire time I am on the computer so I can hear the songs on your blog - I love your choice of songs!

Molly said...

Spinich! SMART. I am totally doing that.