What we've been up to-
My baby turned 2:
Saying "cheese"


Eating "dirt" out of the back of a dump truck!


Gummy worms in dirt CAke
Don, Mark, Angie, Sophie Anne, Me, Ports, Ry
Janeva instead of me

Hogle Zoo:


I can't believe we've finally lost the shoe. We lost it at Target... I called and we were able to retrieve it the next day. We lost it at Harmon's... I called, we we're able to retrieve it the next day. This time it fell in the gorilla cage... we're not retrieving it. Though it was super cute to hear Sophie asking the gorilla through the fence... "Oh please Mr. Gorilla, will you give my brother's shoe back."
This Tiger was staring Ry down. I took this picture over his shoulder. Aren't these animals magnificent?
Giraffe- my personal zoo favorite
Enjoying my beautiful marigolds and wave petunias:


Enjoying mother daughter time:



Fighting off ginormous grasshoppers from our already suffering tomato plants:

Trying on last year's Halloween Costumes:



Visiting Temple Square and This is The Place Park:





Daddy helping the kids trace the Pioneer Trail
Janae having a baby was definately a highlight of summer. I was so extremely excited, I actually surprised myself! When we heard that she had gone into labor it was right around a meal time. As I said the blessing on the food I also included Janae and the baby in our prayer. I could barely finish the prayer feeling so overcome with emotion. I was just so excited for her. Soon she would be experiencing one of the most beautiful, spiritual, truly amazing experiences that we can have here on earth. And now he's here, cute little Kaiden. I can't wait to hold him!
Some of you know, but Ryan's aunt, Liz Valentiner Johnson was killed in a plane crash in Guatemala a couple of weeks ago. She was doing humanitarian work in some small villages there. Liz was known for her fun spirit, her loving personality, her service, her many talents and great sense of humor. She leaves behind her husband Chris (Ryan's Mom's brother) and three beautiful, young children, Anja, Sienna and Asher. This is a very tragic thing for the entire family, but especially for her dear husband and children. Much and many family gathered in support during the days immediately following. Please keep this little family in your prayers. They will need the extra strength as daily life, without their wife and mother, sets back in.
We had a gift certificate to Log Haven (thanks Bella), so my sweetheart and I took the opportunity to enjoy a romantic date up Millcreek Canyon. The scenery was beautiful, but I preferred the view across the table from me the best! Love you Ry. On our way home we got a call from our worried teen babysitter (one of the cute girls in my beehive class) saying that while she was helping Sophie paint a picture, Porter had quickly grabbed the glass of water that they had been rinsing their brushes in and had taken a few sips. I reassured her that it would be okay and that we only buy the non-toxic paint. When we got home she was waiting on the porch with the kids :)
The Olympics: Ryan and I stayed up too late, too many nights watching these amazing games... but it was all worth it! Michael Phelps... incredible! His fly swim and the men's relay! Wow! And I always cry during gymnastics. Didn't you love the American girls, Nastia and Shawn? And the "fastest man," Usain Bolt... crazy fast! There is just something so inspiring and special about the world's countries coming together... Heavenly Father's children around the world... in one place.
Visiting with old Wyview friends. The Wayne Family from Illinois. This actually happened back in July, but I never posted these cute pics. We had so much fun, it's pretty cool when you can just pick up after 4 years of not seeing each other and it 's as though no time has passed at all. Truly lifetime friends. Love you guys... just wish you lived closer!
Tyler Sophie Brooke Kylianne Porter
Bonnie and Yours Truly
Bri and Ry
Tyler and Porter
Sophie and BrookeWell that wraps things up... for now at least.
Love to all
6 comments:
I just love reading your blog, seeing your cute little family, and I seem to always be inspired to be a better mother after looking at it...you are trully amazing Kels!
That was an adorable post...I loved it! You have such a talent with photography too, I know I may be repeating myself, but it is impressive! Can't believe Porter is two! I remember you guys just ready to have him like it was yesterday! And so funny about his blue shoe!
Hahaha. That's so funny about the shoe. I can totally hear Sophie asking the Gorilla for it, and saying please.
Hey Ryan and Kelsie! We found your blog from someone elses link, hope you don't mind. We'd like to add your family to our private blog. Send us your e-mail address to torgersen5@yahoo.com and we'll send you an invite. Your family is so cute!
Fun summer pics. I hope that Gorilla does not eat the shoe:)
So dinner places downtown(ish):
I love the Dodo @ Gateway or Sugarhouse
The Pub (across from the spaghetti factory) at Trolley Square (is she turning 21 because she might need to be 21)
Happy Sumo @ Gateway has good sushi
Trio on 9th east and about 7th/8th South is good.
I hope those suggestions help??
Post a Comment